4.02.2008 г.

What is AVI Chunk Viewer and AVI Splitter?

Some days ago I had a strange problem. While I was watching some series a window popped up with a strange graph. It was some "AVI Chunk Viewer"(ACV) which was telling me that my video was out of synch with its audio or something like that. It was quite annoying. As an option ACV offered to start some tool named "AVI Splitter" on the .avi file. I checked the web for a solution but what I found were lots of people complaining and wondering WTF ACV is.

Today I found that the problem is in the K-Lite Codec pack I've installed on my PC.

I'm not a guy who installs applications like "next->next->...->finish", but this codecs are horrible for me(look at the screenshot below and especially at the codec names).

You can rid of ACV with reinstalling the pack or with a witty K-Lite Tool called Codec Tweak Tool located at: Start menu -> All Programs -> K-Lite Codec Pack -> Configuration. Scroll down until you see AVI Splitter under "Disable the following filters" section, and check it off. I did it with all the filters that had "splitter" in their names :).

Here is the Codec Tweak Tool:


I almost forgot:
I found out this solution thanks to a guy with nickname Squirrel from this forum.

5 коментара:

  1. Thanks, this has been bugging me for ages and I'm glad to have removed it!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Mersi, dosadnia prozorec si zamina nai setne ;)

    ОтговорИзтриване
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  4. I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


    I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


    (Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4 SDHC[/url] DS NetServ)

    ОтговорИзтриване