26.02.2008 г.

Destitute animals at Sofia ZOO

Two days ago I went to the Sofia Zoo to have a nice stroll among nature. It was nice like every time I go there. There were plenty of children with their parents, sun was shining, grass was green :) etc. One thing made bad impression on me howsoever.
Some of the animals were very miserable. They were looking hungry and missing elementary necessities. That is unpleasant of course, but that is the situation in Bulgaria in all aspects of life.

The prices of entrance ticketsfor Sofia Zoo are as follows:
1BGN(50 euro cent) for adults;
0.5BGN(25 euro cent) for children above 7 years of age,students,military etc.
Free for children below 7 years of age

These prices are hilarious. I think they should be 3 times more. And the money should be spent for food and improvements.
It is a good practice companies to adopt animals at the zoo. This is good for them as a marketing strategy but is good for the animals too.

Here are some pictures I took. Pictures of thirsty brown bear, risking her life for some drops of water, bald camel, begging racoons/lama,dirty pond and skinny tiger. I couldn't take a shot of the lion, cause the king does not deserve to be seen in such a pitiful condition.






2 коментара:

  1. Sad indeed but what I showed in this article is just the bad side. There are happy animals too.
    I guess the bear doesn't have any water cause the plumbs could freeze if they open the turn-cock.

    ОтговорИзтриване