5.03.2008 г.

The eternal question - Which was first - chicken or egg?



Last time I installed ICQ 6 I noticed the question at the end of the installation - which was first - chicken or egg? I remembered then my hypothesis on this eternal question. I don't pretend of course that I'm the first ever person in the world to suppose this scenario.

So, really which was in the beginning? Answer - the egg of course.

Here is the explanation:
Let me introduce first some piece of terminology.
I mark chicken/egg as we know it nowadays with X (for example chicken^X,egg^X).
I mark cock^Z a cock, which was slightly different than cock^X and cock^Y
I mark chicken/egg which was slightly different than chicken^X and egg^X with Y (for example chicken^Y,egg^Y).
Note: X,Y and Z mark genes which are very close, but howsoever different.

Let's assume that chicken was first! Consequently it came from an egg^Y. If not then the first statement is false.

There are 2 scenarios for this to happen:

1)Chicken^X hatched from egg^Y. That means that chicken^Y genes mutated in the period between laying the egg^Y and the moment it hatched. Otherwise the chicken which hatched would be chicken^Y, not chicken^X. But as we know mutation and evolution of the species is a process lasted millions of years and a period of 3 weeks is far too small.

2)Chicken^X hatched as chicken^Y but later mutated before it's death. This case is also impossible because of the small period.

So here is what really happened:
Cock^Z mated hen^Y. Their genes were so close that this was possible. It is like poodle mating rottweiler(I know - it is awful even to imagine this). They have different exteriors but their genes are slightly different which makes mating possible.
The result of cock^Z mating hen^Y is egg^X. Consequently egg was first.

Check out this video, which supports the hypothesis that it is possible for cock^Z to mate hen^Y.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар